The basic to advanced AR-15 (M4) rifle & carbine operators course is designed to teach the student to be well rounded at the highest level with operating the AR-15 (M4) rifle. Trojan Securities will provide the weapons and can provide the ammunition at an additional cost. The student is welcome to bring along his or her own weapon systems. You will be using some of our weapons, different models, different configurations and suppressed systems.
The course is 1 day of training, which will go into the evening if necessary. There will be a good mixture of lecture, practical dry fire, live fire shooting and live fire (frangible). This training can be added to any of the other training courses we provide, either in front or at the end.
- Introduction to the AR-15 (M4) rifle, carbine & pistol
- Operating functions of the rifle
- How the AR-15 (M4) rifle operates (gas system)
- The different variations of the AR-15 (M4) rifle & carbine (standard, tactical & suppressed)
- In depth working knowledge (disassembly & reassembly)
- Understanding the trajectory of 5.56/ 223 ammunition
- Basics of shooting a rifle & carbine (grip, stance, shooting mechanics)
- Weapons handling, different shooting positions
- How to use the iron sights & electronic optics
- Different rifle carrying options, slings
- Basic shooting techniques (different positions & different directions)
- Reloading & stoppages (basic and under stress)
- Advanced shooting, multiple threats & different directions
- Shooting while moving & using available cover
- Magazine changes & stoppages on the move, under stress
- In depth cleaning & maintenance
- Rifle/ carbine up grade modifications (designed to make the weapons operate better)
Trojan Securities can provide the NRA certification, there will be an exam and practical exercises, we will go through the training manuals and what is necessary with the certification.